Wednesday, October 29, 2014






Be happy for the opportunity to start again and again and again!
Here is a snippet with grandma, a morning in 2006

My sister, Heidi, came over to give us a day of respite.  I was running around the house trying to get everything ready before leaving.  I made grandma's breakfast and went to feed her before we left. Heidi quickly took the food and said she'd do it.  Wonderful...I thought...and proceeded to go in and put on my makeup.  Approximately one minute later in walks my sister.  "Grandma is full, she doesn't want anymore."  I told her to wait a minute and go back into her room and start all over.  Say "Good morning Grandma, I just brought you some breakfast I thought you'd like."  She did, and grandma responded "Oh wonderful, that sounds great."  This went on about five or six more times until grandma had eaten all her breakfast.  She loved and enjoyed each brand new bite!  Heidi thought it was the funniest thing ever.  Stepping back and seeing it play out was like watching a Monty Python movie, but every effective!





No comments:

Post a Comment